About the role
The Legal and Governance team sits within the Operations directorate at the Foundation. We are a small, agile unit, looking to turn our hands at anything that comes our way to assist the organisation and our colleagues to achieve our charitable mission. As a team, our work covers a broad spectrum of legal and governance matters, from commercial contracts and grant agreements, to advising on intellectual property, charity law requirements around restricted funds, fundraising, campaigning and political activity through to commissioning and collating Board and committee meeting materials and company secretarial duties. This new role is key to the development of our team and the support we are able to give across the Foundation.
Charitable partnerships (Impact on Urban Health)
- Structure, assist colleagues with drafting and negotiate agreements for a wide variety of partnerships and projects, including commercial contracts, grants, IP licenses, novel investment models, revenue-sharing arrangements and data agreements
- Act as a thought partner with the team to advise on the structuring, legal risks and strategic implications of partnerships and future opportunities
- Maintain and appropriately file correspondence and documentation relating to commercial contracts.
Procedure and policy efficiencies
- Draft, maintain and update our internal guidelines, policies and standard-form documents
- Consider legal considerations, and appropriate processes, for collaborating with certain partners (e.g., regulatory, private gain, data protection, policy), including advising on due diligence procedures and tailoring our standard form templates
- Work with cross-functional stakeholders on longer-term projects to change our partnership models to cede power to the communities we work with, whilst balancing this against our charity law obligations
- Work with cross-functional stakeholders, including communications, policy and influencing, evaluation and the Executive Team to advise on cross-team collaboration, opportunities, issues and risks relating to our charitable partnerships
- Support teams such as property, endowment and HR on their legal needs, including drafting, negotiating and agreeing documents
Governance and legal
- Support the Foundation’s Legal Counsel & Company Secretary in advising colleagues on legal and governance matters
- Undertaking research into specific legal issues or matters of best practice.
Identify need for, organise and run training sessions on key legal and compliance issues to Foundation staff
How to apply
We’re working hard to ensure we recruit great people and minimise unconscious bias in our selection process. To support this, we use the Applied platform, which anonymises applicants. To apply for the role, please click here
To find out more about the role, please contact email@example.com