Purpose of Job: To provide high quality grants management and support for the delivery of Rocket Science’s grant and programme management contracts
Supervised by: Senior Grants Officer/ Deputy Head of Grant Programmes
Grants Officer: £23,161 - £30,210 (London), £20,161 - £27,210 (North East) / Senior Grants Officer: £30,210 - £36,000 (London), £27,210 - £33,000 (North East) (we have a London uplift for our roles)
Benefits: We provide a wide range of benefits and opportunities – such as paid time for charitable volunteering – together with 25 days’ annual leave plus 10 days public holiday, and 6% pension contributions. We also operate a flexible working policy.
Hours: Part-time, contract, or full time (37.5 hour week) Monday to Friday – occasional additional hours may be required out of hours from time to time
Location: Hybrid with some travel to Newcastle or London office
Key areas of responsibility
To support the delivery Grant Management service including:
- Co-design of online Grant Management programmes and programme plans with oversight including scoping client needs, shaping grants and creating an implementation plan
- Contribute to build our markets through existing client relationships, raising our profile through networking and events, client engagement and identifying opportunities, building knowledge in grant management and demonstrating capability and credibly with clients and prospective clients, leading and participating in promotion activity of Rocket Science and funded projects. It will be expected that the Senior Grants Officer will support tender submissions and development of social media blogs and articles.
- Implementing project plans, monitoring risks, and reporting internally and externally on progress including:
- Maintaining our cloud-based Grants Management Service (GMS) Flexi-Grant® and Blackbaud Grantmaking systems
- Responding to emails and telephone calls from applicants, projects and clients
- Conducting eligibility checks ensuring applicants are eligible for funds
- Conducting and coordinating high quality application assessments
- Conducting due diligence, negotiating grant agreements with successful projects and obtaining required information from successful projects
- Building online modules to enable applicants to apply and ensure assessors and funders obtain information from applicants
- Preparing recommendation portfolio and supporting clients in their decision making
- Building grantee relationships, managing monitoring reports, phased payments and client reporting
Other functions include:
Staff management (Senior Grants officer only)
The person we are looking for is expected to have:
- Experience working with the public or third and community sector – or in a position in the private sector that had direct engagement with public or third and community sector organisations
- Ability to work independently and initiate, plan and prioritise workloads and meet tight deadlines including an ability to work across several projects at once
- Highly proficient in the use of MS Office tools to support and enhance your role
- A quick learner of new systems and willingness to learn to use our cloud-based Grants Management Systems to administer our grant programmes
- A good telephone manner and commitment to excellent customer service
- An interest in Rocket Science’s specialisms and areas of work
- Knowledge of grant management processes including use of grantmaking software/solutions
- Experience of assessment of grant applications
The following skills are of interest to us but not vital:
- Experience of using Flexi-Grant® and/or Blackbaud Grantmaking systems
- Experience in one or more of Rocket Science’s specialisms and areas of work
- Experience of working and building relationships with clients
We expect the following:
- Grants Officer: at least 6 months experience of delivering grant programmes.
- Senior Grants Officer: at least 3 years’ experience of delivering and reviewing programmes. Applicants with experience of designing, delivering and reviewing grant programmes.
To apply for the job…
See application pack here
To apply for either role, please send a covering letter detailing your experience, why you are interested, which role you are applying for, your current and expectations of salary for this role, together with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: 5pm on Friday 21st January 2022.
We plan to hold virtual interviews (1 hour) and two tests (1 hour in total) for shortlisted candidates on the week of 24th January 2022.