About the role
Alongside our direct grantmaking and development support to frontline charities, Lloyds Bank Foundation invests in original primary and secondary research that deepens our impact. We have a track record of funding groundbreaking, high-impact research like The Value of Small, and delivering innovative platforms like smallcharitiesdata.org. Under our new strategy due to launch in autumn 2022, we’re seeking to embed research within programmes that support our vision of a society where people facing complex issues and barriers get the support they need.
The Research Associate post is key to delivering that ambition. This new, part-time role will be responsible for growing our investments in primary and secondary research - commissioning, managing, collating and disseminating high quality evidence that will inform and deliver the Foundation’s strategic aims. You’ll work with colleagues across our teams covering frontline grantmaking, place-based, systems-change programmes and national policy and influencing.
The post will be a hybrid office and home-based role, and will be expected to routinely attend our London office for at least one day per week.
In this particular role, you will:
- Work with departments across the Foundation, identify evidence gaps within our funded issues and national influencing priorities in order to develop and prioritise strategic research questions
- Work with Research and Learning Manager and internal and external stakeholders to co-create a research strategy for the Foundation
- Design of systems for research investments, including criteria and/or research briefs, soliciting proposals, assessment process and award, administration in Salesforce
- Undertake technical assessment of research proposals from grant applicants
- Manage research grants including participating in project steering/oversight groups, quality assurance of methods and outputs, monitoring and support measurement of research impact
- Undertake literature reviews, desk research and synthesis of external research to inform Foundation priorities
- Drafting and production of analysis, summary briefing materials and other outputs for public dissemination
- Lead on project management and future development of the digital platform smallcharitiesdata.org, in partnership with voluntary sector data partners
- Develop strong relationships and institutional partnerships with a range of research providers and funders, including both academic and independent researchers and statutory and philanthropic research funders
- Represent the Foundation in external research networks
- Deputise for the Research and Learning Manager and support the Research and Evaluation Officer when required
How to apply
For information and to apply please click here
If you have technical issues submitting your application, please contact email@example.com