About the role
Each year, Islington Giving invites 12 young people to join us on a five-month journey to become grant makers. Our Young Grant Makers’ programme puts young people in charge of making decisions about what kind of projects they want to support based on what is important to them and their peers.
We are looking for a Programme Leader to take the key role in delivering this project. Working with the Islington Giving programme team, this role is central to Young Grant Makers and will shape the mood, tone and outcomes of the whole project.
Do you have the passion and experience the Young Grant Makers will need to get the most out of this programme? The role description below gives more information about the programme, the role of Programme Leader and how to apply. We look forward to hearing from you.
- Supporting and motivating a group of 12 young people over five months.
- Recruiting a diverse panel of young Islington residents who reflect the borough and the young people who live here.
- Ensure the safety and wellbeing of the young people
- Ensure all necessary safeguarding procedures are in place and are adhered to
- Provide individual encouragement, motivation and support to the young people
- Facilitate and energise the young people to work well as a group and support one another
- Enable young people to have a voice in how the programme is designed
- Organising and co-ordinating the programme and the sessions
- Develop and manage the programme of sessions with Islington Giving staff
- Lead the preparation and planning of each session with input from Islington Giving staff
- Lead the sessions which will be held weekly.
- Co-ordinating the learning from YGMs to understand how it has worked, what’s gone well/not so well, what young people got from the programme, whether it has achieved its aim and objectives.
- Devise an evaluation process which works for the young people who take part.
- Oversee the capture of formal and informal reflections and observations from all involved throughout the programme period
- The programme leader will produce an evaluation report at the end of the programme
How to apply
Please feel free to get in touch for a conversation to find out more about the role. We love talking about Young Grant Makers. Contact email@example.com or call 020 7288 6944. If leaving a message, please speak clearly and slowly, giving your name, and a phone number.
For more information and to apply please click here
Please note, this post will be subject to a DBS check, and we will ask for two references.