About the role
To manage a portfolio of key charity partnerships for the Berkeley Foundation, including Strategic Partnerships, Resilience Fund partnerships, and Community Investment Fund partnerships, including identifying new partners, building relationships, identifying opportunities for support, and grant monitoring, evaluation and learning. To contribute to the delivery and future development of the Berkeley Foundation’s strategy.
Strategic Partnerships - These are significant charity partnerships lasting at least three years, involving both funding and strategic support. We currently have six Strategic Partners, with plans to both grow our existing partnerships and increase the number of partnerships over the three years to 2024.
Resilience Fund - The Resilience Fund is a new funding programme designed to support our strategic objective around building a more resilient voluntary sector. We will make 10-15 grants through the fund each year, with total annual funding of £300,000.
Community Investment Fund - The Community Investment Fund allows us to make small-to-medium sized grants to address specific social issues within our four thematic focus areas. We have delivered five Community Investment Fund programmes. These are Improving Youth Mental Health, Combatting Youth Homelessness, Empowering Young Women into Work, Skills for Positive Futures, and Improving Youth Mental Health 2. The Community Investment Fund is now being wound down, however a number of partnerships will be ongoing until 2023/24.
- Manage a portfolio of key charity partnerships.
- Lead the delivery of the Foundation’s 2022 Resilience Fund grants programme to best practice standards.
- Carry out and commission research into specific social issues to develop expertise and ensure that the Foundation’s funding is well informed, relevant, and timely.
- Develop opportunities to share what we have learned from our work with colleagues, stakeholders and the wider sector in line with the Foundation’s commitment to continual learning and development.
- Develop, plan and deliver a series of learning events for the Foundation’s charity partners.
- Identify opportunities to involve young people in the Foundation’s work, and deliver on these where appropriate.
- Produce regular Finance, Audit and Risk Committee and Trustees reports on all core areas of responsibility.
- Attend Finance, Audit and Risk Committee meetings, providing updates to the Committee on areas of responsibility.
- Assist with other projects, events and partnerships as required.
- Represent the Berkeley Foundation in a way that is consistent with its values.
How to apply
For more information and apply please click here