About the role
Main areas of responsibility:
- Advise prospective applicants on eligibility, interpretation of guidelines and submission of their applications over email, telephone, video and in person.
- Process grant applications through the Foundation’s ‘sifting’ processes, which includes overseeing online applications, screening for eligibility against our criteria, completing the initial assessment and checks of eligible proposals, and working with colleagues and Trustees to decide which applications to take forward.
- Assess and manage a caseload of second stage applications, including visiting, seeking further information and writing reports – avoiding unnecessary delays.
- Support the Head of Grants in preparing the grantmaking related board papers for
- Ensure that all decisions at the sifting stage and the second stage are communicated to successful and unsuccessful applicants, giving feedback where necessary.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of special projects, initiatives or events.
- Work with the team to ensure that all applications are processed within our target timescales.
- Issue offer letters to new grant-holders and work with the Finance and Operations Manager to process their first payments, Grant management, monitoring and learning
- Provide support and advice to those the Foundation funds as needed and deal with grant management issues as they arise.
- Provide support, as the named point of contact, to up to 60 live grant-holders, and process and respond to their progress and final reports as they are received.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the Foundation’s approach to ‘funder plus’ support, communications and evaluation and learning.
- Manage and maintain the grants database to ensure timely and effective tracking of applications and grants.
- Keep systems and processes under review to improve practice, including the ‘live’ grantmaking process document that is in place.
- Ensure that all paperwork is complete and updated in line with the Foundation’s policies.
- Be responsible for the quality and management of grantmaking data – analysing trends and providing reports on data relating to applications and grants as required.
- Contribute to the timely production of accurate papers for the Trustee Board and other Committees as required.
- Support colleagues and Trustees to make effective use of the grants database.
Policy and external events
- Contribute to the development of grantmaking strategy and policy, producing support materials and researching areas of interest as required.
- Support the Foundation’s convening activities.
- Represent the Foundation at seminars, receptions and similar gatherings.
- Keep abreast of relevant current issues in the charity and grantmaking sector and develop appropriate links to support this.
Support and cover
- Provide administrative and other support to the Senior Grants Manager.
- Be an active member of the team and collaborate with colleagues as required.
- Work closely with and provide regular cover for other administrative staff, including acting as key contact point for callers, supporting internal and external meetings and ensuring cover is maintained.
- Undertake any other duties in support of the Foundation’s business as may be reasonably
How to apply
For the recruitment pack please click here
To apply, please email your CV and a supporting statement, both of which should be no more than two sides of A4, to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on 30 August. In your supporting statement, please explain why you are interested in the role and provide evidence of your suitability against the criteria outlined in the Job Description and Person Specification.
We also require the names, positions, organisations and telephone contact numbers of two referees, relevant to this role. References will only be taken once your express permission has been granted. Finally, please flag any dates when you will not be available or might have difficulty with the recruitment timetable.
If you have any queries about the role or the application process, please contact the Foundation’s Director, Sufina Ahmad MBE, on email@example.com. You can also look at our website for more information about our work: https://ellerman.org.uk
We value diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) within our staff team and welcome applications from everyone. You can find out more about our approach to DEI in our DEI Policy available on our website here. If you have any access requirements that need to be considered in order to support your application to us, then please contact our Director, Sufina Ahmad MBE on firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss these further.
If you would like to submit an application as a job share, then we ask that you and the person you intend to share the role with submit your CVs and your separate supporting statements in one email to the recruitment inbox.