About the role
Freelancers required to undertake assessments and write up recommendation reports for City Bridge Trust grant applications. Most of our grants are for project/running costs (AKA revenue grants) for up to five years, but we also offer core and capital funding. Freelance assessors’ main point of contact will be a Funding Director or Head of Programme who will oversee assessments, ask questions/follow up queries with the assessor and provide feedback.
Freelance assessors will:
- Work from home/own premises.
- Familiarise themselves with City Bridge Trust’s funding policy and report style.
- Undertake assessments for grant applications received predominantly under City Bridge Trust’s responsive grant programmes but potentially under other programmes or streams too.
- Dictate their own hours and, outside of the guidance in the grants’ manual, conduct the assessments however they see fit (for example the order in which assessment tasks should be undertaken, the specifics of how information is analysed, the length of time spent on each task etc is up to them).
- Have access to training and a grants manual with general guidance.
- Save relevant documentation to the grants database and undertake some database administration activities relevant to the assessment and write up of recommendation.
- Undertake assessment which is proportionate to grant size and duration. The City Bridge Trust assessment approach is robust, and most assessments take at least two full working days, more complex assessments will take longer.
- Undertake due diligence (analysis of provided documentation, online presence, and governance).
- Undertake assessment tasks such as forming a view of:
- fit within the funding stream applied for and within City Bridge Trust’s vision and mission
- current and ongoing financial sustainability of the applicant
- City Bridge Trust’s funding/potential funding within the context wider income/potential income of the applicant.
- Work collaboratively with in-house finance staff, who sign-off the financial assessment element for grants of more than £50k.
- Undertake an in-person site visit for most assessments, which will take place in London (expenses within London are paid).
- Write up a recommendation report for each assessment, using a standard template.
- Respond to queries/comments from City Bridge Trust.
How to apply
For information and to apply please click here
Send a copy of your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com
If you want to know a bit more first Sam Grimmett Batt, Funding Director, would be happy to chat with you. Contact Frankie on firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange an informal conversation.