About the role
- Manage the day-to-day administration of the office and lead on reception duties, acting as first point of contact for callers in person and on the telephone.
- Keep under review and develop administration systems, database, library filing and other arrangements to ensure that the office runs in the most effective way.
- Oversee bookings from others using the meeting rooms and support the Foundation’s convening events.
- Provide hospitality and facilitate meetings, including setting up meeting rooms and organising refreshments.
- Oversee the receipt and dispatch of post.
- Provide administrative support to the Director, including drafting reports and correspondence, filing and arranging meetings.
- Scope, research and manage special projects and initiatives, including convening events, as required.
- Assist the Finance and Operations Manager, when needed, with processing financial and investment data and managing petty cash.
- Co-ordinate the annual revision of the Staff Handbook and assist the Director and Finance and Operations Manager with the maintenance of HR records.
- Monitor and support communications activities, including updating the website and managing the Foundation’s social media presence.
- Assist with the planning and arrangements of Trustee and staff events.
- Act as first contact point for the Chair and Trustees on general matters and deal with their invitations to events.
- Lead on the preparation and management of the collation and distribution of papers for the Board, Finance & Investment Committee and Risk & Audit Committee, ensuring deadlines are met.
- Prepare agendas and papers for meetings and take minutes as required, as well as supporting the Director with oversight of the completion of matters arising.
- Set and maintain the annual meeting calendar.
- Assist the Director with the production of the Annual Report, lodging documents with the Charity Commission and keeping relevant records.
Shared areas of responsibility
- Work closely with and provide regular cover for other administrative staff as required. The most frequent support needs are likely to be:
- Responding to initial enquiries by email and phone from applicants for grants.
- Assisting with inputting data into the grants database and dealing with correspondence.
- Liaison with other members of the team to ensure that there is cover in the office when external guests are using the meeting room or when contractors are due to be on site.
- Undertake any other duties in support of the Foundation’s business as may be reasonably required.
How to apply
For the recruitment pack please click here
To apply, please email your CV and a supporting statement, both of which should be no more than two sides of A4, to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on 30 August. In your supporting statement, please explain why you are interested in the role and provide evidence of your suitability against the criteria outlined in the Job Description and Person Specification.
We also require the names, positions, organisations and telephone contact numbers of two referees, relevant to this role. References will only be taken once your express permission has been granted. Finally, please flag any dates when you will not be available or might have difficulty with the recruitment timetable.
If you have any queries about the role or the application process, please contact the Foundation’s Director, Sufina Ahmad MBE, on email@example.com. You can also look at our website for more information about our work: https://ellerman.org.uk
We value diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) within our staff team and welcome applications from everyone. You can find out more about our approach to DEI in our DEI Policy available on our website here. If you have any access requirements that need to be considered in order to support your application to us, then please contact our Director, Sufina Ahmad MBE on firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss these further.
If you would like to submit an application as a job share, then we ask that you and the person you intend to share the role with submit your CVs and your separate supporting statements in one email to the recruitment inbox.