- What we do
- Theory of Change
What works in supporting civil society organisations’ resilience?
4th October, 4.30pm-6pm at- The Gallery, Alan Baxter Ltd, 75 Cowcross Street, London, EC1M 6EL
This event, co-hosted by London Funders and Rocket Science, is kindly supported by Alan Baxter Associates.
Rocket Science will bring together some learning points from their recent evaluation on capacity building support, drawing on:
- the Local Sustainability Fund - reflections on being half-way through this Cabinet Office support for medium sized VCSOs (including from 4 projects Rocket Science are working with in London)
- Heritage Lottery Fund’s Transition and Start-up grants - how different types of heritage-sector organisations are using HLF’s support to become more resilient and less grant dependent
- Organisation diagnostics for Reaching Communities’ grant-holders – using an online self-assessment toolkit to measure organisational strengths
- Village SOS - a BLF rural programme of support which was small but successful in moving people from an idea to a plan, delivered to 450 projects nationally
- Supporting Change and Impact – BLF’s £50m of capacity building support to build skills in the sector and assist Lottery funded projects’ to measure and demonstrate their impact
London Funders and Rocket Science are keen to share this with London’s funding community, as well as showcasing some live case studies from organisations we are working with.
The session will offer some insights from different grant-holders’ experiences, as well as offer food for thought and debate on ways in which “funder-plus” type models can further evolve.
For further information, please see attached agenda
The event will start promptly at 4.30 and end by 6.00pm, followed by wine/drinks, nibbles and networking. An agenda will be available shortly. If you would like to attend, please get in contact with Geraldine to RSVP a place