- What we do
- Theory of Change
2014 December - Building Community Reslience
A meeting to consider the topic of building community resilience. A meeting report is now available
This Learning from Funders meeting was informed by two presentations:
Kelly Walsh, Community Development Foundation
CDF is the leading national organisation in community development and engagement and work to empower communities where local people are at the centre of change. CDF’s purpose is to bring together resources, insight and people so that communities can thrive. In this meeting CDF ran a session on the Community First Neighbourhood Matched fund – a government funded programme that helps communities come together to identify their strengths and local priorities in order to plan their future and become more resilient.
The Community First presentation is available here
Linda Butcher, Sheila McKechnie Foundation
The Sheila McKechnie Foundation (SMK) supports groups and individuals to speak up and take effective action on issues that matter to them, and helps them to connect and work together with others to increase their voice and impact. In addition to its' core learning programmes, SMK works in partnership with trusts and foundations, using different models to build community capacity to collaborate and influence. These models include the Influencing Change programme with Trust for London; the Grassroots Action Support (GAS) Fund with the Esmée Fairbairn Foundation; and the See Change Flexible Support Programme with Oak Foundation. Linda Butcher of SMK described and discussed the models and their impact, and the group looked at potentially transferrable elements.
A summary of the presentation is available here
What we do
- London Funders projects
- Network groups
- Learning from Funders
- Models for reaching sustainability
- 2015 September - Cultural Commissioning
- 2015 July - Learning from Big Local
- 2015 March - Early Action and Intervention
- 2014 December - Building Community Reslience
- 2014 August - What's the future for London's VCS Infrastructure?
- 2014 May - Is it now or never? Thinking about core funding...
- Funding Infrastructure- the good, the bad or not at all?
- Funding Partnerships and Consortia: Benefits and Challenges for the Funder
- Support in a challenging climate
- Levels of demand
- Personalisation in adult social care
- Payment by Results
- Impact measurement
- Online applications
- Funding groups in crisis
- Scaling up
- Recent meetings
- Events & Training